Eye examinations at the comfort of your home
We have been awarded a contract by the NHS to provide eye care services at the comfort of your own home, designed for those who cannot visit our practice unaccompanied due to physical or mental disability.
We carry out complete eye tests and provide the same special offers on glasses that are currently available at our practice.
How does eye care at home work?
Who's eligible for a free home eye test?
England and Wales customers qualify for a free NHS eye test at home if they are unable to visit an optician unaccompanied due to physical or mental disability and are any of the following:
- Age 60 or over
- Registered blind or partially sighted
- Diagnosed with diabetes or glaucoma
- Considered to be at risk of glaucoma
- As advised by an optician
- Aged 40 or over and their mother, father, brother, sister, son or daughter has been diagnosed with glaucoma
- Recieving benefit (income suport, Income-based jobseeker's allowance or Pension Credit Guarentee Credit
- Entitled to, or named on, a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate
- On a low income and named on a valid HC2 (full help) or HC3 (partial help) certificate
- Eligible for an NHS complex lens voucher (our optician will advise on the entitlement)
They may also be entitled to NHS support with the cost of their glasses.